LAB Line – Magnetron Sputtering System
Lab location: R203-4
- All magnetrons would allow operation in DC current power for producing metal film (Fe, Ni, Co, Al,…) or conductive oxides (SiO2-x) and in RF (radiofrequency) current power mode for producing insulators.
- The system requires a minimum substrate size/substrate holder size of 3″ (typically Si or MgO wafers).
- The sample holder allows controlled heating to 1000°C (PID controller: ±1°C) during deposition.
- Built in UHV technology to reach a base pressure of < 6 x 10-9 mbar after 24 h bakeout time and cooling down.
- The software should allow automatic production of various thin film and multilayer systems according to specific recipes.