Dr. Xiaowu Huang
Guangdong Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
The Environmental Science and Engineering Program (group of Dr. Huang) is looking for passionate and highly motivated PhD/Master students who have interests in biological wastewater treatment and biosolids-to-energy.
GTIIT Webpage: https://www.gtiit.edu.cn/en/viewStaff.aspx?staffNo=156
Our mission is to carry out R&D work towards energy-autarky and/or energy-positive WWTPs. The research topics include but are not limited to (1) biological wastewater treatment, e.g., sidestream anammox and mainstream anammox; and (2) resource recovery from biosolids (e.g., municipal sludge and kitchen waste), such as microbe-driven production of value-added products and methane production with anaerobic digestion.
Biological nitrogen removal; Anammox; Microbial community; Bioreactors; Anaerobic digestion; Resource recovery; Value-added products; Meta-omics
- PhD Program: Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or relevant fields
- Master Program: Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or relevant fields
- Solid background in wastewater treatment and/or biosolids treatment
- Vast experiences in bioreactor operation, microbial analysis, and applications of UV, TOC, IC, HPLC, and TEM
- Good communication skills and good command of English
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to author scientific reports and co-author scientific publications
- PhD Program: Published at least one first-authored impactful research paper in SCI journal from previous research work
- The PhD/Master candidates must fulfill the requirements for admission to the Technion Graduate School and needs to comply with its regulations leading to the PhD/Master degree: https://graduate.technion.ac.il/en/prospective-students/
- Application deadline: Open till filled
- Send below-required documents to Dr. Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) Curriculum vitae and personal statements; 2) Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for Master and/or bachelor’s studies); 3) Degree certificates with the Master/Bachelor degree
- Dr. Huang’s group is also looking for passionate and highly motivated postdoctoral fellows and research assistants. Please contact Dr. Huang (email@example.com) for more information.
- Dr. Huang welcomes self-funded students, CSC-funded students, and visiting students/scholars. Salary and benefits will be provided depending on the qualifications of the candidates.