Guangdong Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
The Environmental Science and Engineering Program (group of Asst. Prof. Huang) is looking for passionate and highly motivated PhD/Master candidates who have interests in wastewater treatment and resource recovery.
GTIIT Webpage: https://www.gtiit.edu.cn/en/viewStaff.aspx?staffNo=156
Our mission is to carry out R&D work towards energy-autarky and/or energy-positive WWTPs. The research topics include but are not limited to (1) biological wastewater treatment, e.g., mainstream anammox; and (2) resource recovery from biowastes (e.g., municipal sludge and kitchen waste), e.g., microbe-driven production of value-added products.
Biological nitrogen removal; Anammox; Microbial community; Bioreactors; Anaerobic treatment; Resource recovery; Value-added products; Meta-omics
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or relevant fields
- Solid background in wastewater treatment and/or biowastes treatment
- Experiences in bioreactor operation, microbial analysis, and applications of UV, TOC, IC, HPLC, GC-MS, and TEM
- Good communication skills and good command of English
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to author scientific reports and publications
- The PhD/Master candidates must fulfill the requirements for admission to the Technion Graduate School and needs to comply with its regulations leading to the PhD/Master’s degree: https://graduate.technion.ac.il/en/prospective-students/
- Application deadline: Open till filled
- Send below-required documents to Dr. Huang at email@example.com: 1) Curriculum vitae and personal statements; 2) Degree certificates with the Master/Bachelor degree
- Dr. Huang’s group is also looking for passionate and highly motivated postdoctoral fellows and research assistants. Please contact Dr. Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Dr. Huang welcomes visiting students/scholars. Benefits will be provided depending on the qualifications of the candidates.