Prof Frank Klose
Phone: +86 (754) 88077101
31 Jan. 2018
Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
We have two PhD positions available in the area of magnetic nanostructures. The Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Program (group of Prof Frank Klose) is looking for 2 PhDs to conduct experimental research projects in spintronic materials related to future data storage and processing electronics. Contract duration: 3 + 1 years.
Modern facilities for the growth of thin film samples using ultrahigh-vacuum sputtering and atomic layer deposition as well as state-of-the-art laboratory thin film characterization tools (X-ray diffraction, X-ray reflectometry, SQUID magnetometry) will be available. Our group extensively uses leading international Quantum Beam facilities (neutron/synchrotron science facilities and ion beam accelerators) as major research tools to develop materials for next-generation spin based electronic devices.Our specialty technique is polarized neutron reflectometry. We work in acollaborative internationalenvironment.
Spintronic materials, energy efficient processing and storage of electronic data, magnetic nanostructures, multiferroics, magnetic oxide films, stress/defect engineering of novel physical properties, electronic/structural instabilities or phase transitions in magnetic thin films, polarized neutron/X-ray reflectometry.
– Master degree(or equivalent) in Physics or Material Science (essential)
– Strong background in condensed matter physics (preferable)
– Strong interest in thin film deposition and/orstructural/magnetic characterization (essential)
– Strong interest inpolarized neutron reflectometry or polarized synchrotron spectroscopy (essential)
– Strong interest to work temporarily at large-scale research facilities in China, Europe, United States, Japan and/or Australia (essential)
– Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
– Ability to author scientific reports andco-author scientific publications (essential)
– The PhD candidate must fulfill the requirements for admission to the Technion Graduate School and needs to comply with its regulations leading to the PhD degree:
please click here.