Prof. Nan Wang
Email: nwangmtl at outlook.com
Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
September 20 2018
The Materials Science and Engineering Program (group of Nan Wang) is looking for 2 Ph.D./ Master students to conduct research projects in computational materials science related to additive manufacturing technology and nano-electronics. Contract duration: 3 + 1 years.
Macroscopic behaviors of many technologically important materials are originated from mechanisms at meso-scale where defects, interfaces and non-equilibrium structures are the key. Computational methods based on non-equilibrium statistical thermodynamics are used to simulate complex dynamics of defects and interfaces, shed light on underlying mechanisms, and provide vital guidance to experimental studies. With recent progresses in material informatics and close experiment collaborations, significant impacts from computational methods are expected in emerging fields like 3D alloy printing and nano electronics.
Thermodynamics, non-equilibrium, meso-scale, computational modeling, interfaces, dynamic instability, nanostructure, microstructure evolution, multiscale analysis.
– Master degree(or equivalent) in Physics, Material Science or other closely related fields for Ph.D. applicant (essential)
– Bachelor degree(or equivalent) in Physics, Material Science or other closely related fields for Master applicant (essential)
– Strong interest in non-equilibrium phenomenon and mesoscopic science (essential)
– Good knowledge in engineering materials and computational methods (preferable)
– Good skill in programming language for Master applicant (preferable)
– Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
– Ability to author scientific reports and co-author scientific publications (essential)
– The PhD candidate must fulfill the requirements for admission to the Technion Graduate School and needs to comply with its regulations leading to the Ph.D./Master degree: https://graduate.technion.ac.il/en/prospective-students/