Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
October 17 2018
The Chemistry Program (group of Prof. Kai Huang) is looking for 1-2 PhD/Master students to conduct research in surface chemistry, using the state-of-the-art scanning probe microscopy (SPM) apparatus. We aim at the detailed understanding and the control of the behaviors of atoms and molecules at solid surfaces.
Contract duration for PhD: 3 + 1 years.
The Huang laboratory is dedicated to study physics and chemistry at solid surfaces, by ultra-high vacuum SPM (experiment), and followed by first principles computations (theory). Of particular note, our expertise centers at the control of surface dynamics to fabricate, characterize and understand novel surface materials for applications in catalysis, energy, material and health.
The research topics of our current interest are sketched below:
– Surface chemistry of radioactive film materials
– Chemical characteristics at oxide surfaces
– Single-atom catalysis at alloy surfaces
- Physics and Chemistry at Solid Surfaces
- Novel surface materials for Catalysis, Energy, Material and Health Application
- Scanning Probe Microscopy and Spectroscopy
- First-principles Computations
– Master/ Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Physics or Material Science (essential)
– Good knowledge in physical chemistry and condense matter physics (preferable)
– Strong hands-on capability in experiment (essential)
– Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
– Ability to author scientific reports and co-author scientific publications (essential)
– The PhD/Master candidate must fulfill the requirements for admission to the Technion Graduate School and needs to comply with its regulations leading to the PhD/Master degree: https://graduate.technion.ac.il/en/prospective-students/