31 January 2018
Guangdong Technion Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT)
We have a position for a research fellow (postdoc level) available in magnetic nanostructures. The Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Program (group of Prof Frank Klose) is looking for a scientist to lead experimental research projects in spintronic materials related to future data storage and processing electronics. Contract duration: 3 years.
Modern facilities for the growth of thin film samples using ultrahigh-vacuum sputtering and atomic layer deposition as well as state-of-the-art laboratory thin film characterization tools (X-ray diffraction, X-ray reflectometry, SQUID magnetometry) will be available. Our group extensively uses leading international Quantum Beam facilities (neutron/synchrotron science facilities and ion beam accelerators) as major research tools to develop materials for next-generation spin based electronic devices. Our specialty technique is polarized neutron reflectometry. We work in a collaborative international environment.
Spintronic materials, energy efficient processing and storage of electronic data, magnetic nanostructures, multiferroics, magnetic oxide films, stress/defect engineering of novel physical properties, electronic/structural instabilities or phase transitions in magnetic thin films, polarized neutron/X-ray reflectometry.
– PhD degree in Physics or Material Science (essential)
– Strong background in condensed matter physics (preferable)
– Strong interest in thin film deposition and/or structural/magnetic characterization (essential)
– Strong interest in polarized neutron reflectometry and/or polarized synchrotron spectroscopy (essential)
– Strong interest to work temporarily at large-scale research facilities in China, Europe, United States, Japan and/or Australia (essential)
– Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
– Ability to author scientific reports and scientific publications (essential)
– Salary range: up to $49,000 / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
– Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
– Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
– Professional conference travel allowance
– Application deadline: 15 March 2018
– Send below required documents electronically to: Frank.Klose@gtiit.edu.cn
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees