April 12, 2018
The Chemical Engineering Department (group of Asst Professor Narimissa) is looking for one scientist to lead experimental research projects in polymer technology/processing. Contract duration: 3 years.
Modern facilities for polymer processing and characterization (e.g. rotational/extensional rheometers, DSC, Tensile tester, TGA, FTIR, HT-GPC, SEM, XRD etc.) will be available. Our focus will be on the processing, characterization and modelling of rheological behaviours of polymeric systems (including nanocomposites, solutions, and melts). Our current research topics: (i) Study of brittle fracture (i.e. failure) of polymer melts/solutions subjected to uniaxial extensional deformation (ii) Modelling of rheological behaviours of polymer nanocomposites through constitutive equations (iii) Investigation of the role of processing conditions on the crystallinity of polymers during injection molding process. Further, we welcome the research scientist’s new proposals in the field of polymer processing and engineering.
Polymer Processing, Extensional and Shear Rheology, Nanocomposites, Thermal Analysis, Mechanical Analysis, Morphological Analysis, Brittle Fracture/Failure during Flow.
- PhD degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Engineering/Science or related fields (essential)
- Strong interest in Polymer Processing and Characterization (DSC, Tensile Testing, TGA, SEM, etc.) (essential)
- Strong background in Polymer Rheology (desirable)
- Interest to work temporarily at research facilities in China, Israel, United States, (preferable)
- Effective communication skills, good command of English language (essential)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
- Ability to author scientific reports and scientific publications (essential)
- Ability to co-supervise graduate students in polymer science (essential)
- Salary range: up to $49,000 / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
- Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
- Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
- Professional conference travel allowance
- Application deadline: 30 November 2018
- Send below required documents electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees