Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please indicate the position title and reference number in the email of application.
May 23, 2018
The Environmental Engineering Program is looking for one Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) to look after the operation of a Lab for advanced materials, and water science and technology.
Contract duration: initially for one year and renewable (with a three-month probation period)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Research lab duties:
- To conduct research work in the areas of adsorption, membrane, AOP and water quality;
- To design, setup, organize, maintain, and troubleshoot devices/systems for chemical separation and water treatment;
- To assist the PI on preparation of research proposals and literature review of research papers/reports;
- To oversee guide graduate students, undergraduate and visiting students attaching to the research lab;
- To work on new projects and initiatives according to instruction by the PI.
Education: PhD degree from a reputable university in material science, environmental science and engineering, chemical engineering and other relevant areas.
Experience: at least 3-year research experience after BSc or B.Eng degree.
Skill: The applicant should be familiar with the lab and industrial-scale devices commonly used in the areas of material science, environmental science and engineering, and chemical engineering. In particular, he/she should know how to use ICP-MS, GC-MS, FTIR, AFM, SEM-EDX and XPS. He/she can work independently without much supervision. He/she must have some industrial skills such as Auto-CAD and reactor design.
Abilities: He/she is able to operate and troubleshoot lab equipment and instruments and have the ability to learn new techniques. He/she must have ability of writing good scientific papers/reports in both Chinese and English. He/she must have at least three SCI papers as a first author with impact factor(s) above 3.
Personal: Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature; a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Training: Travel is limited in China.
- Application deadline: open till filled
- Send below required documents electronically to: email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees