Sep. 27, 2018
The Environmental Engineering Program (group of Prof. Achal) is looking for one Post-Doctoral researcher to design project proposals and conduct experimental research in the remediation of polluted soil and water, and eco-restoration by bio/chemical means. Contract duration: 3 years.
Prof. Achal is setting up Environmental Sustainability Lab at GTIIT. One of the key interests of this lab is on remediation of organics and inorganics from contaminated environments in addition to eco-restoration. Environmental Sustainability Lab focuses on basic research as well as practice research in related area on knowledge coproduction, knowledge transfer, and knowledge implementation to solve environmental problems. The laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation facilities to carryout basic to advanced experimentation to ensure successful work to make a sustainable environment.
We are looking for one highly motivated Post-Doctoral researcher to work on this key interest of lab related to environmental sustainability.
Environmental remediation, ecological restoration, biogeochemistry, biomineralization, bioremediation, metagenomics, microbiomes, sustainability, soil and water pollutants.
– PhD degree in Environmental Engineering or related fields (essential)
– Strong background working in remediation for pollutants from different environments and eco-restoration (essential)
– Vast experiences in using instruments such as ICP-MS, AAS, GC-MS, XRD, FTIR, TGA, Raman spectroscopy, porosimeter, and large-scale data analysis (essential)
– Strong interest to work temporarily in overseas labs (essential)
– Good communication skills and good command of English (essential)
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
– Ability to author scientific reports and scientific publications (essential)
– Published 3 or more impactful international journal papers (IF>4) from previous research (essential)
– Salary range: up to $49,000 / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
– Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
– Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
– Professional conference travel allowance
– Application deadline: 31 January 2019
– Send below required documents electronically to: email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees