The Biotechnology and Food Engineering Program (group of Prof. Ashok R. Patel) is looking for 2 Post-Doctoral researchers to design project proposals and conduct experimental research related to the design and characterization of micro-nano delivery systems for natural bioactives and edible designer colloids. Contract duration: 3 years.
Functional and engineered colloids fabricated from edible materials have recently gained a lot of interest for futuristic applications in the field of foods for purposes ranging from microstructure development to delivery of health promoting bioactives to manipulation of food–body interactions. At Food Innovation Lab, we will focus on development of novel designer colloids from edible raw materials and further use them for structuring of food products and controlling the delivery of natural bioactives and functional ingredients in health foods. The Food Innovation Lab at GTIIT will feature latest processing equipment and state-of-the-art colloid characterization instrumentation.
The two broad areas of research in Food Innovation Lab will include:
i) Food colloids (including oleocolloids, foams and complex emulsions) for food product structuring
ii) Encapsulation and colloidal delivery systems of phytochemicals (from Chinese herbs) for applications in health foods (aka functional foods).
The outcome of this industry-relevant research is expected to be applicable to foods as well as other related sectors such as pharmaceuticals and consumer care.
We are looking for two highly motivated Post-Doctoral researchers for project work related to food structuring and delivery systems.
Food Colloids, Complex Emulsions, Hybrid particles, Foams, Oleogels, Edible Soft Matter, Colloidal Delivery Systems, Encapsulation, Advanced Microscopy, Rheology, Phytochemicals, Functional Foods
– PhD degree in food science or related fields (essential)
– Strong background in food technology or applied colloid science (essential)
– Strong interest in receiving training and subsequent handling of state-of-the-art instruments (essential)
– Previous experience of working in an industry will be viewed positively
– Previous experience of applying for Chinese national grants (preferable)
– Strong interest in working in close collaborations with the industry in China and abroad (preferable)
– Strong interest in colloid characterization (preferable)
– Strong interest in delivery systems and encapsulation (preferable)
– Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
– Ability to author scientific reports and co-author scientific publications (essential)
– Salary range: 30,000- 49,000USD / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
– Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
– Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
– Professional conference travel allowance
– Application deadline: Open till filled
– Send below required documents electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees