02 March 2020
The Materials and Science Engineering Program (group of Paul) is looking for 1 scientist to lead experimental research projects in magnetic nanolayer materials related to fundamental aspects of interface magnetism. Contract duration: 2 years.
Modern facilities for the growth of thin film samples using ultrahigh-vacuum sputtering and atomic layer deposition as well as state-of-the-art laboratory thin film characterization tools (X-ray diffraction, X-ray reflectometry, SQUID magnetometry, TEM) will be available. Our group extensively uses leading international Quantum Beam facilities (neutron/synchrotron science facilities and ion beam accelerators) as major research tools. Our specialty technique is polarized neutron reflectometry, small-angle-scattering in specular and off-specular modes and X-ray absorption. We work in a collaborative international environment.
Magnetic nanostructures, multiferroics, magnetic oxide films, stress/defect engineering of novel physical properties, electronic/structural instabilities or phase transitions in magnetic thin films, polarized neutron/X-ray reflectometry.
- PhD degree in Physics or Material Science (essential)
- Strong background in condensed matter physics (preferable)
- Strong interest in thin film deposition and/or structural/magnetic characterization (essential)
- Strong interest in polarized neutron reflectometry and/or polarized synchrotron spectroscopy (essential)
- Strong interest to work temporarily at large-scale research facilities in China, Europe, United States, Japan and/or Australia (essential)
- Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
- Ability to author scientific reports and scientific publications (essential)
- Salary range: up to $49,000 / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
- Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
- Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
- Professional conference travel allowance
- Application deadline: Open till filled
- Send below required documents electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae and personal statements
- A publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies)
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length)
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and Master’s degrees