Dr. Xiaowu Huang
Guangdong Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
The Environmental Science and Engineering Program (group of Dr. Huang) is looking for postdoctoral fellows who have solid knowledge and training in biological wastewater treatment and biosolids-to-energy.
Quota: 2; Contract duration: 1-2 years.
GTIIT Webpage: https://www.gtiit.edu.cn/en/viewStaff.aspx?staffNo=156
Our mission is to carry out R&D work towards energy-autarky and/or energy-positive WWTPs. The research topics include but are not limited to (1) biological wastewater treatment, e.g., sidestream anammox and mainstream anammox; and (2) resource recovery from biosolids (e.g., municipal sludge and kitchen waste), such as microbe-driven production of value-added products and methane production with anaerobic digestion.
Biological nitrogen removal; Anammox; Microbial community; Bioreactors; Anaerobic digestion; Resource recovery; Value-added products; Meta-omics
- PhD degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or relevant fields
- Solid background in wastewater treatment and/or biosolids treatment
- Vast experiences in bioreactor operation and bioinformatics analysis
- Good communication skills and good command of English
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to author scientific reports and co-author scientific publications
- Published at least two first-authored impactful research paper in SCI journal(s) from previous research work
- Salary range: up to $46,500/year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
- Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
- Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
- Professional conference travel allowance
- Application deadline: Open till filled
- Send below-required documents to Dr. Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) Curriculum vitae and personal statements; 2) Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD and/or Master’s studies); 3) A short research plan outline (up to one page in length); 4) Degree certificate with the PhD degree
- Dr. Huang’s group is also looking for passionate and highly motivated PhD/Master students (https://sites.gtiit.edu.cn/research/graduate-studies/degree-programs/) and research assistants. Please contact Dr. Huang (email@example.com) for more information.
- Dr. Huang welcomes self-funded students, CSC-funded students, and visiting students/scholars. Salary and benefits will be provided depending on the qualifications of the candidates.