04 Nov. 2020
Guangdong Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a satellite university of Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, locating in Shantou, China. Technion is world-renowned for its exceptional research and education. Since 2004, three faculty members in Technion received the Nobel prize, consistently ranked as a top-100 university. All MSc and Ph.D. students are enrolled at Technion and co-advised by a Technion faculty member. MSc and Ph.D. students will spend one to two semesters at Technion for courses, while performing research at GTIIT. With the completion of a thesis, students will receive the diploma awarded by Technion.
Dr. Youhua Jiang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Dr. Jiang received his Ph.D. from Stevens Institute of Technology in 2018, followed by the postdoctoral training at Northwestern University. Dr. Jiang specializes in Interfacial Phenomena, including various research directions such as interfacial fluid dynamics, phase-change heat transfer, colloids and interfaces, and physical chemistry. Dr. Jiang has authored nearly 20 papers in the leading journals of Interfacial Phenomena, including Physical Review Letters, Applied Physics Letters, Langmuir, Soft Matter, and J. Colloid and Interface Science. Dr. Jiang served on the Editorial Board of Surface Innovations, a JCR-Q2 Journal, and served as reviewer for 19 journals.
姜又华博士从2020年10月开始在GTIIT担任机械系助理教授。他博士毕业于斯蒂文斯理工，并在西北大学接受博士后训练。该课题组着力于研究界面现象，微流体，相变换热，胶体与界面等。姜博士已发表近20篇论文，大多发表在该领域顶级期刊，一作包括PRL, APL, Langmuir, Soft Matter, JCIS等，并担任JCR二区期刊Surface Innovations的编委及19个期刊的审稿人。
There are 3-4 openings for fully funded MSc and Ph.D. students.
- Students enrolled in the Mechanical Engineering Department are required to complete the GRE. The Analytical Writing of GRE needs to be no less than 3.5. Exceptional students without GRE scores can join the group as Research Assistants, and officially apply later. GTIIT是欧美体系学校，申请需要提供GRE成绩。如还没有GRE成绩，可以先以科研助理身份入职再考。GRE的写作需要不低于5。
- Applicants should have a robust educational background in Mechanical Engineering, Thermal and Power, Aerospace, Ocean Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mineral Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and/or Applied Mathematics. The minimal average undergraduate scores for MSc and Ph.D. programs are 83 and 85, respectively. Completion of a Master’s degree is required to apply to the Ph.D. program. Exceptional students without a Master’s degree can first enroll in the MSc program, then transfer to the Ph.D. program upon completion. 背景需要跟机械、能动、航空、化工、应用数学相关。申请硕士和博士生需要平均成绩分别大于83和85。申请博士一般需要硕士学历。
- Letters of recommendation from 3 faculty members who can evaluate the student. 3封来自老师的推荐信。
- Personal interview conducted by the Faculty Graduate Studies Sub-committee where both English language capability and academic background will be verified. Acceptance or Rejection will be determined by the committee. 研究生院招生委员会会面试申请人，并决定是否录取。
- Applicants for the Ph.D. program should have the listed research experience:
- Fluid Dynamics and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Thermal-Fluids and/or Thermophysics
- Interfacial Phenomena, Microfluidics, and/or Soft Matter