Ass0c. Prof. Woo Jin Hyun
Guangdong Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
The Materials Science and Engineering Program (group of Asst. Prof. Woo Jin Hyun) is looking for highly motivated PhD/Master students to conduct experimental research projects in energy and electronic materials. After graduation, students will be awarded a Technion-Israel Institute of Technology degree certificate.
The central goal of our group is the development of advanced materials and manufacturing strategies for electrochemical energy storage and electronics such as batteries, supercapacitors, and electrolyte-gated transistors. Currently, our group has three primary research thrusts: 1) developing advanced electrolytes and electrodes for high-performance electrochemical energy storage and electronics, 2) exploring solution-processable 2D materials for large-scale energy storage and electronic applications, and 3) designing printing processes for low-cost and high-throughput manufacturing of energy storage and electronics.
Energy materials, electronic materials, 2D materials, nanomaterials, nanomanufacturing, printing, electrochemical energy storage, flexible electronics, printed electronics, batteries, supercapacitors, thin-film transistors
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field (essential)
- Strong background in energy or electronic materials (preferred)
- Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
- Chinese language skills (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment (essential)
- Ability to author scientific reports and co-author scientific publications (essential)
- Ability to work temporarily at other research facilities in China, Israel, and United States (essential)
- Candidates must fulfill the requirements for admission to the Technion Graduate School and needs to comply with its regulations leading to the PhD/Mater’s degree: https://graduate.technion.ac.il/en/prospective-students/
- Application deadline: open until filled
- If interested, contact Prof. Woo Jin Hyun with a curriculum vitae: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Prof. Woo Jin Hyun
Phone: +86 (754) 8807 7109
GTIIT faculty profile: https://www.gtiit.edu.cn/en/viewStaff.aspx?staffNo=198
Group website: https://hyungroup.com/