Guangdong Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), China & Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
The Environmental Chemistry and Biogeochemistry Lab (group of Assoc. Prof. Qian Wang) is looking for 3-4 PhD/Master students to conduct research projects in waste valorization related to phosphorus (P) recovery and reuse. Contract duration: 2 years for Master and 3 years for PhD.
Phosphorus (P) is an essential nutrient for living organisms, but the primary source of P – phosphate rock is a finite and dwindling resource. It is urgent to close the loop of P cycle and establish Circular Economy of P. Our lab focuses on waste valorization for P recovery and subsequent P reuse as fertilizers. A combination of complementary analytical techniques are applied for analysis of P speciation, so as to optimize the P recovery and examine the transformation of P in soils during the fertilization process. This is an interdisciplinary research area of environmental chemistry, biogeochemistry, and agriculture.
Waste valorization, resource recovery, vivianite, P recovery and reuse, P speciation, P transformation, analytical chemistry, fertilizer, plant availability, P circular economy
- Master (for PhD study) or bachelor degree (for Master study) in environmental science & engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, ecology, biology, agriculture or other related fields
- Ability to conduct research projects and write scientific articles independently; candidates with research experience/publications in related fields are preferred
- Passion for research study, optimistic, determined, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cooperative environment
- Good command of English
More details about the application and required documents please check:
- Application deadline: Open until filled
- Send required documents (e.g., CV and publications) electronically to Assoc. Prof. Qian Wang: email@example.com