The food sustainbiomics lab (group of Dr. Yigal Achmon) is looking for 2 scientists to lead experimental research projects in advanced simulation of food loss prevention and food waste valorization. Contract duration: 3 years.
The food sustainbiomics lab is looking for excellent postdoctoral candidates. The lab’s main research areas are:
- Food shelf-life and life cycle study by combining microbiome and metabolome tools
- Advanced food life cycle simulation system focused on volatomics
- Advanced food waste valorization by flavor and nutrients extraction.
- Utilizing food waste for sustainable agricultural practices (mainly biosolarization)
The lab is using a unique simulation system combining an environment controlling system with advanced analytical tools to continually monitor the evolution of volatile compounds during different food storage/process applications. We pursue a better understanding of food maturation and degradation processes for a tailor-made design of food loss and waste prevention.
Microbiome, volatomics, food waste, sustainable agriculture, food shelf-life, advanced simulation, life cycle assessment, reused food, food flavor, bioinformatics, biosolarization, next generation sequencing.
PhD degree in Microbiology/Bioinformatics/Food science/Biotechnology/environmental engineering or related fields (essential)
– Strong background in one or more of the following areas: molecular microbiology, food chemistry, sustainable agriculture, food waste management, bioinformatics with an emphasis on microbial ecology, fermentation engineering, flavor analysis, metabolomics (essential).
- Strong knowledge about one or more of the following techniques/tools: metabolomic data analysis, metagenomics data analysis, PTR-MS, Micro-oxymax, HPLC, GC-MS, solid phase fermentation, proteomics (preferable).
– Strong interest in working temporarily in overseas labs (essential).
– Good communication skills, good English skills: reading, writing and talking (essential).
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential).
– Ability to author scientific reports and scientific publications (essential).
– Either published or will publish 2 or more impactful international journal papers from the PhD studies (essential).
- Salary range: up to $49,000 / year (depending on the qualifications of the candidate).
- Subsidized housing at the GTIIT, China.
- Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners.
- Professional conference travel allowance.
- Application deadline: until filled.
- Send electronically the required documents detailed below to: email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae and personal statements.
- A publication list.
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for the PhD and/or Master’s studies).
- A short research plan outline (up to one page in length).
- Degree certificates with certified English translation for both the PhD and the Master’s degree.