Microsoft Office 365 International
What is Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is more than simply an email app, which is a unified suite of communication and collaboration tools for GTIIT staff and students. Microsoft Office 365 is designed to help us achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security. For the duration of your work or studies at GTIIT, accessing of Microsoft Office 365 applications is always available.
What applications can I use?
To use the Microsoft Office 365 online applications:
- Go to portal.office.com.
- Enter your GTIIT email address (i.e., email@example.com) at the Microsoft sign-in prompt.
- Sign in using your GTIIT password on the next screen.
- Authenticate with two-factor authentication, if prompted.
You will be directed to the Microsoft 365 site, where various online applications are available.
Installing Office 365 Applications on Your Device
The following instructions provide steps for installing Office 365 productivity apps locally on your personal devices. These instructions should not be used for installing the apps on GTIIT-managed machines. Office 2016/2019/365 should already be installed on all office computers and teaching computers.
- Navigate to portal.office.com.
- Under Sign in, enter your GTIIT email address if you are a staff or faculty, or enter your Technion email address if you are a student, and click Next.
- Enter your GTIIT password and click Sign in.
- In the upper right corner, click Install Office and select Office 365 apps.
- Open the file and follow the setup instructions.
As a reminder, you will lose access to these applications when you lose your active affiliation with the university.
For more information and additional guides on Office 365, please visit Microsoft Support page:
Office365 Online Apps
Outlook Email account, login, and Configurations
With OneDrive, pictures, files, and folders can be securely stored onto the cloud, shared with others, and accessed from anywhere.
Central Document Repository is created on SharePoint, which you will find the online public shared files from each department.
Using Teams to chat with others in your organization, securely share and coauthor documents, Use meetings and calling to collaborate in real time from wherever users are. Encourage your early adopters to install both the desktop and mobile applications for the best experience and most accurate feedback.